|Name||Coloured Walls and Floor v1|
|Description||Recolours the walls and floor of special dungeon regions in TTY mode|
|* Beehive walls and floors are yellow.
* The walls of the Wizard's tower are magenta.
* Other walls in Gehennom (except for the Valley) are red, and the floor is orange, except in Juiblex's lair, where it's green.
* The Mines' walls are brown, except for room walls.
* The Astral Plane's walls are white.
* Altars are white, gray, black or red depending on alignment, except for Astral altars, which are bright magenta.
* The Valley of the Dead is drained of colour - it appears in grayscale. (Note: this isn't the same as the rogue level's monochrome.)
|Download||http://l.j-factor.com/nethack/glyphcolor.diff (5.2 Kb)|
|Added||June 04, 2007 17:34|
|Changed||September 10, 2010 23:26|
|Submit an update to this patch|
|5||Bulwersator||May 30, 2013 13:46|
|Great idea, especially in the Mines![Quote]|
|5||scummos||June 16, 2010 22:44|
|Awesome. This makes the game really, really more fun to play.
Did you notice that the walls in Mine's End where the secret doors are randomly placed aren't colored?[Quote]
|5||ai0||February 07, 2008 22:49|
|I like colors! The second valuable patch after hpmon.[Quote]|
|5||Edrobot||August 01, 2007 21:15|
|This ought to be on nethack.alt.org[Quote]|
|5||guns||June 05, 2007 09:10|
|This patch adds a lot of atmosphere to the game; the gnomish mines and gehennom seem much less monotonous, and converting an altar is more satisfying.
I use it with the heck^2 patch, which it conflicts with unfortunately. This could be remedied with a bit of code, but simply commenting out the red walls in gehennom and keeping the orange floors will work, while keeping the feeling of the original.[Quote]