|Name||Build in /tmp on Linux|
|Description||easily make a temporary NetHack build|
|Building NetHack 3.4.3 is difficult because the build requires manual intervention, which makes it hard to quickly test a patch. This patch can be applied to the NetHack 3.4.3 source in order to make the build process fast in this particular case. The settings in the patch are hardcoded for Linux, and to build into /tmp/nethack-3.4.3-install.
To use, follow the following steps (all as a nonprivileged user):
- Unpack the official NetHack 3.4.3 sources (which you can get from nethack.org);
- Extract the resulting tarball;
- Apply this patch onto the tarball;
- cd to nethack-3.4.3/sys/unix and run setup.sh;
- (optionally) change the value of WIZARD in config.h to your own username;
- cd back to nethack-3.4.3 and run make install.
Note that this is not completely secure and should not be used on a multi-user system (it will allow anyone to run NetHack using your own group credentials, in order to avoid the need for root access).
|Download||http://nethack4.org/media/343-patched/linux-build-in-tmp.patch (5.8 Kb)|
|Added||July 24, 2014 14:07|
|Submit an update to this patch|